One of the household accidents is happening burns. This can happen because scalded, caught fire, touched a hot pan on the stove, splashed hot oil, or other. Then, how to treat a burn? You need to understand about the dangers of burns, and when to take it to the hospital.
Burns can be treated without medical help only minor burns, if it had entered the level of moderate or severe, do not wait longer, immediately take victim with burns to the nearest hospital.
Burns can be classified into three according to severity. This classification is viewed from the depth of burns and skin surface area exposed to heat trauma:
First degree burns (minor)
Signs of minor burns is arising heat and pain, redness in the affected heat, sometimes there is swelling.
Second degree burns (medium)
The signs of burns is the affected area is deeper than the surface of the skin, burning sensation and more intense pain, redness also occur in addition to fluid-filled bubbles.
Third-degree burns (severe)
Signs of severe burns are more in the affected area until the tissue under the skin, it appears there is dead tissue (blackish). At this stage usually patients do not feel pain because the nerves of taste have been corrupted.
You can only treat minor burns at home. How do I treat this minor burn? The following are practical steps that need to be done to handle the minor burns:
- Immediately flush the burned skin with normal temperature water, do not use cold water from the refrigerator as this will cause the skin to blister easily. Flush in water for 10-15 minutes; it aims to lower the temperature of the burning heat of the skin.
- Do not cover the burn with a bandage, cotton, or fabric. Because this would make a sticky wound with a lid, fertilize infection, creating pus and healing becomes slow. If you really need to be covered, such as pain when the wound rubbing against trousers, cover with sterile gauze.
- Apply ointment containing placenta extract three times a day to the burn; you can buy it at the nearest drug store. Basically we have a compound skin collagen. The compound is formed from a network of elastin fibers and collagen fibers. Both worked, co-exist, and make hard and fast upper skin layer. In addition, collagen is also stuffed the uneven surface of the skin, including wrinkles and acne scars skin.
- Avoid the use of povidone iodine because it is cytotoxic and that means it will inhibit wound healing. But if after a week, it is difficult to heal wounds or pus arise, give povidone iodine twice daily, morning and afternoon.
- Drink pain killer medication if you feel the pain of burns, drug-containing Na Diclofenac can eliminate the pain.
- Is it true that toothpaste can be used to treat minor burns? Medically, toothpaste does not work anything for healing burns. It’s just toothpaste containing mint, if applied to the burn will give it a cool moment. But the toothpaste can not heal burns. It’s okay to use toothpaste to give you chills, while you immediately buy a placenta extract ointment in the pharmacy.
If you experience moderate or severe burns immediately take it to the nearest hospital, no more looking for information about how to treat a burn? Because if not treated immediately can be fatal. For those of you who are on a diet, it may be information about how many calories equal a pound can be useful for you.